Westland Hialeah Senior High School is entrusted with creating independent learners and responsible citizens for an increasingly competitive, diverse and global community. Westland Hialeah Senior High School will enable and facilitate the academic and personal growth of youngsters by fostering a high quality, nurturing, and safe environment that meets the individual, as well as collective needs of all students.
Westland Hialeah Senior High School will be a dynamic, engaging learning environment committed to high academic standards and expectations, as well as strong ethical principles. Westland Hialeah Senior High School will stress academic achievement in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic setting, emphasizing collaboration and involvement of all affected stakeholders.
With praise we proclaim our strong loyalty,
Alma Mater we pledge this to you.
You give us the strength and the will to succeed,
and wisdom to soar up above!
Live and may you always prosper,
through the years as they pass on by.
So we proudly raise our voice and sing:
“Hail to Westland Hialeah High!”
Composed by: Edward J. Ercilla
Emphasis on Educational Reform
Educational reform is comprised of many components designed to assist schools in making the journey of change in the pursuit of school improvement. By empowering students to participate in their own learning and become active participants in their educational sojourn, Westland Hialeah Senior High School strives to become a positive change agent in the lives of children. Some of the reform efforts Westland Hialeah Senior High School will embark in include the following:
- Breaking the school into smaller, more personalized environments, giving students, teachers and administrators time and opportunity to interact both personally and academically by engaging every student and tapping into his or her individual learning style.
- Making school relevant by finding ways to deliver a rigorous curriculum that engages all students by relating the content to practical applications.
- Making the school a collaborative environment by emphasizing shared leadership, decision making, and problem solving as everyday modus operandi for students and staff.
- Designing professional development to be purposeful and relevant to teachers’ needs and concerns, as well as, aligned to student achievement data.
- Using data in an intentional and strategic manner in order to drive instruction and pedagogy, as well as, professional development.
PTSA / PTA