Athletics Mission Statement
Westland Hialeah Senior High School’s Athletic Department believes that, through its programs, student-athletes have the opportunity to achieve their full potential academically and athletically.
The Department of Westland Hialeah Athletics is committed:
- To provide the opportunity for student-athletes to seek and achieve their potential through growth and development academically and athletically.
- To assure that the amount of time required for athletic participation does not interfere with academic success.
- To provide and support athletic programs at the highest level of competition.
- To orient all athletic staff members to abide by the rules and regulations that governs each sport.
- To promote student-athletes of academic quality, good character and high athletic ability.
- To represent the Westland Hialeah’s administration, faculty, students, staff, alumni, and community stakeholders appropriately.
- To develop the values of leadership, teamwork, discipline, sportsmanship, and integrity among its student athletes and staff.
Fall Football insurance cost: $76.00
- Last day to purchase is September 14, 2015
- First day of coverage is August 3, 2015 (if purchased on or before August 3, 2015). For football insurance purchased after August 3, 2015 , coverage starts the date and time of purchase.
- Last day of coverage for fall football insurance for seniors / 12th graders is June 9, 2016. This covers fall football, all-star games and continued conditioning only until the end of the school year.
- Last day of coverage for fall football insurance for 9th, 10th and 11th graders is April 24, 2016. This covers fall football and football conditioning only. It does not cover other sports or any time after the start of spring football.
- last day to purchase interscholastic insurance if March 31, 2016.
- First day of coverage for interscholastic athletic insurance for Seniors / 12th graders is June 9, 2016. This covers all school sponsored and supervised athletic practices, competitions, conditioning and open gyms.
- Last day of coverage for 9th, 10th and 11th graders id Augusy 1, 2016. this covers all school sponsored and supervised athletic practices, competitions, conditioning and open gyms. This includes the summer.
Athletic Physical Form Packet
Fall Sports Season (click sport for schedule)
- JV Football
- Varsity Football
- Varsity Girls Volleyball
- JV Girls Volleyball
- Boys & Girls Swimming
- Girls Cross Country
- Boys Cross Country
Winter Season (click sport for schedule)
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Basketball JV
- Girls Basketball Varsity
- Boys Basketball JV
- Boys Basketball Varsity
Spring Season (click sport for schedule)