The Department of Student Services is comprised of programs and assistance entailed to provide a variety of helpful resources to Westland Hialeah High School students which will prepare them for postsecondary education as well as give them skills necessary to succeed in today’s multicultural and technological society. We are committed to providing services and developing programs of the highest quality that promote educational excellence and the integration of learning. We challenge our youth to learn, grow and accomplish academically, socially and vocationally. We share the common goals of:
• Supporting and challenging students as they explore, discover, and create their own complex identities;
• Assisting and mentoring students as they develop skills that will help them become both their own best advocates and responsible community members;
• Providing our students with the resources and guidance necessary to achieve their highest potential, become effective problem solvers and decision makers.
The Student Services staff will encourage all stake holders at Westland Hialeah High School to assist us in attaining the common goals of supporting students as they become well rounded citizens and productive members of society.
Core Value of the Month: Citizenship November Core Values
Telephone #: (305) 818-3000
Student Service’s office hours: 7:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Conferences with counselors are arranged in several ways:
- Students are called for personal conferences throughout the year.
- If a student wishes to confer with a counselor, he/she may request an appointment at the Student Services office.
- If a parent wishes to confer with a counselor, he/she may request an appointment at the Student Services office.
Myrna Bromfield (Cap Counselor)
Tiffany Marcelin (Testing Chair)
www.fafsa.gov (Federal Student Aid)
www.ncaa.org (Athletic Info)